Monday, February 14, 2011

Not MY space!

Oh my goodness! What is up with Myspace or “My l____l” as it prefers to be known as now. The video introduction states that this site is for “fanatics” where “Music is core to us”, a place where you can “really represent.”  I was immediately struck by the numerous Enquirer-like images on the homepage; it was scandalous!



Only because I needed to do research for this class did I click on one of the many menu options. What's trending in music seemed safe enough and the video I selected was fine, but as soon as that video finished another group of videos were suggested to me. Without exception, the photo icons representing the videos were of women wearing little or nothing, in sexually suggestive poses. This happened not once but several times over, that was enough firsthand exposure to the tour of the new Myspace for me.  The wiki on Myspace reads like a Hollywood tabloid, it is no wonder that it is based out of Beverly Hills. In 2006 PC World rated Myspace the #1 worst web site ever due to several factors; however,  all changes considered, I would gladly give it the same rating in 2011.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment